Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Convocation.. PPKS, Miri and Maxcel Institute.

Two Convocations in a row, to witness graduates receiving their Cert, Dip and Degree, certainly put a smile on parents whose children happens to be one of the graduates, last Tuesday 28.09.2010, I am delighted with the achievements of my elder son Eldridge (Boboy), to some people it may not meant anything (a small achievement), but to me it really meant so much because it marks another milestone in someone's life which begins with a small achievement. From Certificate Level till .. as the saying goes "sky is the limt". PPKS Miri held it's 2nd Convocation @ Imperial Mall Ballroom. There were 326 graduates receiving their respective Certificate from the college (ICATS) and SKM (PPKS). Gracing the 2nd Convocation of PPKS, Miri was YB Datin Hajah Fatimah Abdullah. Message conveyed across by YB and PPKS Director Encik Baharrudin Abdullah that PPKS are preparing today's graduates to face the challenges of a working environment to be competent with the ever changing of technology, therefore graduates must be well-equipped with knowledge and skills which they gained from PPKS. In future employment they must give their full dedication, commitment, creativity and innovative to the industry where they are employed and prove that they are the best bunch of graduates from PPKS. YB Datin Hjh Fatimah also congratulated the graduates for their hard-work in achieving the Certificate as a recognition from the college. Graduates must continue to upgrade themselves from time to time so that their skills and competency can fit well in the job market. She also praised parents who had gave their full support and encouragement to ensure their children success academically. Ko aku "Learning does not stop at Certificate Level, next will be Diploma, followed by Bachelor and Master Degree(s) and Phd. This is only the begining to a brighter future".



Being a student, attending classes, listening and facing the lecturer and most of all staying awake till wee hours to complete an assignment, certainly receiving a Certificate, Diploma or Degree as a recognition by college or university, is a beautiful moment which they have been waiting for in appreciation of their hardwork and commitment.

To my precious son: Dear Boboy, mummy wants you to know that I love you so dearly, may all your dreams come true and; pray that the good Lord continue to bless you abundantly in your studies and future undertakings.. Thank you, you have made mummy proud today, keep up the good effort and continue to study and achieve good results. Love & hugss, mummy.
Maxcel Institute Convocation (8th), Pustaka Miri.








Last Saturday, (25th Sept.) was invited by Maxcel Institute CEO's Mdm Florence Christy; it was the 8th Convocation held at Pustaka, Miri. 53 Graduates received their Certificates and Diploma. Guest of Honor to grace the 8th Convocation was Datuk Seri William Mawan Ikom. Speech made by Mdm Florence reminded about my own ambition; when she foretold a story about a son telling his dad that he would like to be a Financial Controller when he reach his dad's age; his dad answered him.. please write your ambition with a pencil not a pen. If you write with a pencil you can erase your ambition anytime, as we do not know what the future holds. I totally agreed, I remembered, I always wanted to be a "detective" because I like to shoot at the bad guys (laban ke rindu meda TV series Charlie's Angels, Nancy Drew, Starky & Hutch; diatu rindu meda CSI NY & CSI Miami never missed the TV series); as I grew older, my interests are more towards beauty and office work, then immediately after I completed GCE O' Level, I took secretarial course after I graduated I never had the chance to be a "Secretary", my line was in clerical and administration and having secretarial background it has equipped me on how to manage my time, to priorities my work, how be tactful when dealing with others; later I was employed with timber based company attached to Human Resource Dept. for 8 years since 1995..to make me more competent with HR, I took up a long distance Diploma in HRM.. in 2003 I resigned from a timber company, being working and having the knowledge in HR, it has gave me the knowledge of how an organisation runs with it's term and policies in place. Since 2004, I have been working with an Oil & Gas Company; currently I am attached to Information Management with the Subsurface Team based at Shell Lutong office, doing totally new job where I have acquired new skills & knowledge through inhouse training and also hands-on training, together with determination and willingness to learnt new skills in carrying out new tasks given with good faith, it has made my new job easier and most of all you must have the "interest", which play a vital part to make whatever task or job you do a real success. Yes, I do agree "in reality life is cruel, we must be prepared to take up any new tasks or responsibilities given to us with the skills & knowledge that we acquired academically and hands-on experience gained in facing the challenges of today's working environment".. as stressed by Dtk Seri William in his speech.

To conclude education is indeed a lifelong love of learning; once you said today "I'll stop learning, tommorrow you can consider yourself dead" (we are living in a tough competitive world, we have no choice, education is the key to success in life); As stressed by YB Datin Hajah Fatimah, nowadays learning is made easy as there are means of mediums and information can be easily access through internet compared to 10 and 15 years back. University is just at your door-steps. I take this opportunity to wish all graduates all the best!!

Learn as much as you can while you're on earth; be it academically, ngajat, cross-stiched, cooking or baking and etc.. etc..whatever that brings benefit to you and to others. Enda pia ko kita wai, baka aku bendar amai belajar "ngajat"...alo bedau pass, pass.. arap enda putus asa..hehehe
























































































































No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
A career woman, a mom who loves simple life, beauty, foods and to know more, do find out yourself by reading my blog...