Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Blessed Christmas 2010

Oh! Christmas is finally here .. We should feel blessed as we are given another year to celebrate this auspicious day as we remember the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ back in 2000 ++ years ago in Bethlehem.

This year I did not have 'open house' for friends as my hse is still under minor renovation, but close family members did came to visit me @ my "Little Hse in da Prairie"; however, my children invited all their friends to come over... so glad to see my children are all grown-up and have the spirit of Christmas in them now, esp. my daughter.

my children - Christmas 2010

me & children ready to greet family members on 1st day of Christmas prepare simple local menu for family members dinning areaputting cakes to serving tray
1st day of Christmas.. close family members and my children's friends came over. Prepared simple local menu for family members, bisi upa laleh & beras baru bai mak aku ari LA; kacang ma, daging kurma, black pepper lamb, terung iban & tulang kaki bab1. Ka meh masak "Turkey" enggai ke baka Mr Bean... nganti belajar skill nyumai turkey dulu! me & mom entertaining close family members
my daughter with her 2nd cousins from my side my cousin Matt and family my nieces me & daughter with cuz-in law & her daughters my daughter with Youth Group
my mom with my son Jr & gfren Val

Unexpected visitors came on 2nd day of Christmas, after so many years have not seen or heard, my children's first cousin from my ex-spouse came all the way from Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei came with her family. My cousin Tony & family also came that morning.

Tony & family in da hse
my daughter and her little cousins (anak Tony)me with niece Acha & children my children with their 1st cousin Acha & family

Christmas is not only celebration for christians; but also time for us to foster the close rapport with close family members, friends and estranged friends/family by visiting one another..we forget about the past, grudges and most of all we are out of curses through the birth of our Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
A career woman, a mom who loves simple life, beauty, foods and to know more, do find out yourself by reading my blog...